Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday's Dream Schemes/Colorway Challenge Lavender and Gray

This week we are using Pam Hornschu's colorway of lavender and gray! Hooray!! I had fun doing this card. I paste-embossed with the Regular Embossing Paste (DEP). It has just a bit of a "tooth" (or roughness) to it and you can stencil onto it beautifully. It is also the fastest drying embossing paste and dries in about 25 minutes. I stenciled the leaves with gray pigment ink. Then stenciled the flowers with Brilliance Inks of Lavender, Orchid and Purple as seen in purple Tsukineko tri-color pad called Twilight. The main stencil is the Serendipity flower (LG709) and while it was drying then the Happy Birthday (LM248) was paste embossed with the Silver Embossing Paste (DSP) onto a purple plaid ribbon, I paste-embossed this on the ribbon first and then applied it with double stick mounting tape to the card later. I used a silver Krylon pen to make my three inch embellishment pin silver and when I placed it I tucked it under the flower card.

I am presently traveling in eastern Oregon and will be home at the end of the week, but we are hoping that you can join us and play along. Thank you for your nice comments the last few weeks and follow the Dream Team's names on the side bar at the right to see what they have posted in lavender and gray this Thursday.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Lynell. I have had my eye on that stencil for a while. I think I will be ordering it soon. I hope your travels are well and you are enjoying your family!! Take care!!!

Deborah March said...

Just LOVE the idea of stencilling on the ribbon...gorgeous Ms Lynell! Safe travels...

Louise said...

What a beautiful card Lynell. I have not ever pasted on ribbon, did you adhere it to the card first?

Pam Hornschu said...

Love this stencil and the shades of lavender and gray that you used.

Laura Drahozal said...

Stencilling on ribbon--how fantastic! I love how you used this color combination.

Lee Kellogg said...

I love it! Lynell, you did a beautiful job with the color combo.

SherylH said...

So pretty!

Post a Comment