Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Aint She Sweet and Pretty in Pink (and black)

This is the pink and black card I mentioned in an earlier post that Pam Hornschu posted a couple of months ago on her blog. She sent me the actual card and every time I look at it I see some small detail that I missed before. One thing that I saw yesterday on the card was that the pink die cut behind the cameo stencil design (LL3017) was dry embossed through an embossing machine using the fleur de lis background stencil (LJ841). And I think it was such a clever detail to put the same die cut behind the pink one and offset it to give it a shadow effect. The little banner saying "little sweetie" is done in the same way.


The houndstooth background stencil (LJ913) was paste-embossed with the Glossy White Embossing Paste (DGWP) on a glossy black cardstock.


For the cameo itself she dry embossed the stencil on a piece of black colored aluminum using her embossing machine. She then removed the stencil and using a low grit manicure block sanded the image. The necklace was a simple embellishment of sticky crystals.


I am amazed at how many different ways you can use this cameo stencil and I am sure the new Dream Team will come up with many more ideas. If you are interested in maybe trying out for the team, be sure to stay tuned for our "call" at the end of the week. And thanks to all of you who have been following my pink and black theme this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive