Monday, July 7, 2014

HELLO...tree line die (DG745)!

Tree line die (DG745) Hello stencil (LS96)

This of course, is a card of pretty papers. I saw this paper with little houses and couldn't resist. This would be a great "welcome to the hood" card or very simply a card to say howdy to a dear friend.

I used the new tree line die (DG745) and cut the leaves out of a metallic green paper...cut off the tree trunks and then used a 1/2" stencil brush (NHB1/2"to add a darker green at the edges. The light brown paper got the same treatment after I cut out the tree trunks, but for this I used dark brown and charcoal gray inks to edge the trunks. This is very similar to how I added color on my July 2 post. Don't be afraid to add some color to printed or plain papers using a stencil brush.

The hello stencil (LS96) was paste-embossed with a mixture of the regular embossing paste (DEP) with an tube acrylic red paint. I mixed them one part to one part. It didn't take much of either color. And remember, although the DEP appears white it doesn't have any white pigment in it, so whatever color you add will come through quite strong once the paste is dry.

The triple headed pin started out as a white pin and I added our Color Solution alcohol inks Citron and Mojito Green. These triple headed pins will be back in stock soon. I have always loved how they add just the right embellishment touch.

Be sure to leave a comment for the opportunity to be a random winner of this beautiful new die. Come back tomorrow to increase your chances and of course see more ideas on how to use this design. If you are interested in the double glitter technique check out my July 5th post for my new youtube video on double glitter.


10 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Another great card! I love the metallic green paper and I still have some of that old Pink Paislee paper too!

Janice K said...

Love the addition of the patterned house paper which gives the impression of walking out of a wood towards home.x

Holly said...

This is a great die, and the house paper is perfect with it!

Jade said...

The house patterned papers is the perfect background for the tree line die! I love it.

Viki Banaszak said...

This is such a beautiful piece. I love the background paper. It is so perfect.

Carol McCready said...

Love the scene you created.

Katia said...

This scene look so nice and comfortable!

CreativeJanine said...

I love how this die is so versatile. You've really done a great job coming up with new ideas.

Katie said...

Great card! Love how you created the scene with patterned paper and love that metallic green paper for the branches. Also love that hello stencil! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Sandi Lou said...

Thanks for the great idea to use pattern paper, I always struggle to use up my stash. I'm inspired to look at my papers a little differently. The house paper is perfect for this card. Thanks again.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive