Thursday, April 30, 2015

Showers of Thanks and Showers of Creativity!

Birds on Bare Branches Stencil LG733






































So it's the last day that the Dream it UP team is posting with me and that my blog is home to the team. But good things are in store for them as some of them continue on with the Stampendous team. Pam will be in touch and telling you all about how it will work. They have invited me to post with them if I want and of course I know that will  happen occasionally too. Wayne and I will continue to stencil and Zentangle and post weekly as much as possible...maybe even two or three times a week if the mood moves us.

I of course want to take time to thank all of the wonderful designers who helped me get started. Deborah March was our first leader and I learned so much from her. Pam joined the team and later headed or should I say "herded" this group of wonderful designers ever since. Thank you so much Pam for being that creative influence in all of our lives. Hope you are feeling better as I know you have had many struggles with a recent car accident...we are sending energy your way every day.

Today I am posting one of the first cards I did with a memorable technique called "Double Glitter". This is one of the first posts I ever did and if you would like to know how the card was made....click HERE to know the step-by-step process of this technique from that post. These birds remind me of all the colorful personalities that have come together to make this team and blog work. Many of you have let me use your creations on my blog because running this business has meant that sometimes I have not had very much time to create. It has been fun to see your wonderful creativity shine each week. This is also a  thank you to those who I've considered honorary members and have mailed or emailed me your card creations and instructions for posting. My heartfelt appreciation also to those of you who have dropped by weekly to support stenciling technique...kudos to you all for making us part of your weekly routine. Thanks for your showers of creative spirit that has enriched my life.

The past few years I have also been supported by Stencil with Style owner, Shirley Parlin, who continues to sell each and every Dreamweaver Stencils product. (Also known as "Mom" to me). This is a bit of an early Mother's Day tribute, but want her to know she is the best and always the most supportive force in my life. Thanks Mom! If anyone needs that hard to find stencil, she can probably still find it for you. In fact she sells some of my favorite Stampendous stamps and products as well.

Also, Stampendous now has a Dreamweaver Stencils YouTube site and many instructional videos are there showing you how to do the many many stencil techniques that are available with the varied products they now sell.

Be sure to stop by and see what the team is showering you with this week!  

4 comments:

Louise said...

As I sit here all ready-eyed trying to figure out how to tell you not just Thank You, that's not enough, but how much I enjoy knowing you as a friend and mentor. You have been a huge influence on my creative life, and your kindness and generosity are contagious! Thanks for everything, Lynell. Love and hugs, Louise

ionabunny said...

Lynell, this sounds like goodbye, but wait, you will still be posting here. That's nice. I'll still be dropping by to see what you and Wayne are up to. Really enjoyed being inspired by you and the team. Thanks for your lovely words and warm heart. Back soon. Hugz

Viki Banaszak said...

I have really enjoyed coming here to see all the great artwork and to be inspired. I look forward to seeing what you go on to do from here.

Kristi said...

Dear Miss Lynell,
I am so sorry I could not finish this term on the DT. I love the product so much. Been your friend much longer than a designer on your team and this is a new chapter for you. You have inspired, taught, listened and encouraged me through so much and you will continue to be a treasured friend. Love this card and love the glitter! I know you will find something to fill your time! Hugs dear friend...

Post a Comment

Blog Archive